If you are thinking about improving your site, below are some of the top questions to ask yourself before creating or refreshing your website.
- What is the purpose of my website? Research? E-Commerce? Blogging?
- What goals do I have for my website? Increase traffic? Generate revenue? Build my brand?
- What types of themes will define the pages of my site? What are your services, products and/or topics that will support your message?
- Is my website mobile-friendly?
- What type of impact am I trying to create? Short-term goals? Long-term goals? etc.
Once you can start answering these questions more thoroughly, you can take the next step to making that ideal site you always wanted.
A Combination of Tech Savvy and a User-Friendly Mindset When Creating or Refreshing Your Website
If you are creating or refreshing your website, and your viewers like what they see, they will be back for more. It’s not just about making your site technically savvy for the search engines. It’s about tailoring the site with a user-friendly mindset. Robots and spiders are the one’s crawling your pages to infer what it’s about. Humans, on the other hand, are the one’s actually viewing the page and deciding whether they like what they see or not. Factors that contribute to a user-friendly website include creating easy to follow navigation and themes and developing and publishing quality content. In addition, well-designed graphics and formulating an effective call to action are fundamental. A call to action is what you want people to do on your page, such as setting up a consultation or signing up for a newsletter. Factoring in these elements of a user-friendly website will help maximize your efforts of keeping existing customers. It will also help you to gain new ones by having a more professional appeal for your brand — This, coupled with the proper usage of search engine optimization, can help optimize your online presence and make a stronger impact on your existing and potential customers.